Sunday 3 February 2008

Sleep

 

So sleep, my angel, a breath from your pain,

Dream beyond your mortality,

Close your eyes of innocence.

Open, bleak and tarred thoughts.

Asleep, leave behind sick reality.

                                    Nullified being.

Twisting in your pain, incomprehensible,

To one so young, perfect,

Sleep.

If you will ever cry,

The first tear will ask,

Why me?

And my cradle shall sway,

Empty of an answer, my baby,

And hours of black,

Shall be coloured in sleep.

Sink, dream from beneath memories.

The pain languishes within you,

Indescribable to a lost future.

Close your souls windows, sweet

Shut out the fiendish noise,

Meaningless to so many,

Sleep.

And I shall weep, when will it stop?

And innocent beings freed.

One day there will be an end,

And I shall pray and,

Caress your hearts slowing beat,

One, two…one…two…

My lips will moisten yours, blue,

And I shall whisper a lullaby,

Only you will hear, before you enter

A world of magical beauty.

Sleep.

Those tender words shall take you,

Into the clouds of heaven,

And my words, baby, my only child,

Will take my soul forever with yours.

My words daughter, my love,

Shall be these,

Be at peace.

The memory of one so young,

Will live in their conscience forever.

Now you can rest and dream away the dark,

Sleep my baby,

Sleep.

 

No comments: